Saturday, January 19, 2008

A New Beginning

I started this blog in August 2007, made a few posts, then my world got a little crazy and I've been extremely distracted. My life has changed a bit since then, so I'm making a new beginning.

A lot of not good things happened to our family in 2007, so I'm praying that 2008 will be a better year. Being Catholic, I know that God is in control of everything that happens to us, even in the hard times, and that we can use our suffering to draw closer to Him. I'm learning to "offer it up," and trying to find the meaning in everything that happens in our lives.

I'm the wife of a retired military man, mother of three grown children, grandmother of five fantastic grandchildren. Our youngest son, his wife and 2 year old son live with us. My 81 year old mom moved here last fall, and lives 15 minutes away in a senior apartment complex. I'm truly learning what it means to be a member of the "sandwich generation," as I help care for my grandson and my mom.

I've kept diaries and journals since I was a kid. I expect that this blog will fulfill the need I've always had to write, even if it's just for myself and no one else ever reads it.

4 comments:

X said...

I'm so glad to "meet" you! I will add you to my blogroll.

H F J said...

You are on the DCF Ladies blog roll now. I'm so happy you have joined us!!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Angela. I've had your blog in my "beautiful blogs" folder for a long time, and thought I'd lost you when you changed the name. I was happy to find you again.

Kalona said...

Hey lilder, thanks for adding me to the DCF ladies. :o)