Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Summary

Reece and Aubrey stayed overnight Friday night. They are so sweet and funny; they can always make me laugh. Mom enjoyed seeing them Saturday morning. Aubrey is a little chatterbox, and throws in an understandable word every now and then. :o)

The rest of the day was quiet. I guess I'll feel down until Sister comes home. She is still not eating. I asked the vet how long she could survive without eating, and he said that dogs can live a week if they are on fluids, cats only a couple of days. I'm terribly worried about Sis. Katy is still healthy, but extremely needy with her sister away. She is used to having a constant companion; they cuddle, groom one another, wrestle and sleep together. I'm sure Kate misses the physical affection, although we have been giving her a lot of attention.

I finished the bracelet, but don't like it. The charms are too long. So it will be taken apart and redone.

I've been reading G. K. Chesterton's The Complete Father Brown. Having always loved mysteries, it's hard to believe I've never read these. Chesterton's descriptions are wonderful, and Father Brown is endearing, kind of like Peter Falk's Columbo character.

No comments: