Friday, October 30, 2009

On The Road To Recovery

The vet called this morning to tell me that Katy chewed through her IV line--twice! So they may send her home today if they can get her to drink.

I was worried that she would do that; she's my little chewer. She has gnawed on the door frame, the posts holding up the deck, my planter boxes, plants, even rocks!

This picture was taken on October 16, just before they got sick.

I'm glad that Katy's feeling better. She was too sick to gnaw when I took her in. But I hope they aren't sending her home too soon.

Sister is doing well. Her appetite is not back to normal yet, but she is eating and drinking with no problems. I've been feeding her small amounts of food a few times a day. She is playing and happy, but she does miss Katy.

I gave her a bath yesterday, and she sure smells better! She looks so pretty, all shiny and curly. I could tell that she felt better after her bath, too. She was full of energy and wanted to play.

I put her outside yesterday, and a few minutes later I heard her barking in an odd way. I looked out the window and saw that a brown plastic bag had blown into the yard. It would move when the wind blew, filling up with air. Sis didn't know what the heck it was. It would move and she would bark and back up. When I came outside she hurried to my side, wanting to show me. As I walked toward the bag she came along, but hesitantly. When I picked it up and showed her that it was just a plastic bag, she suddenly got brave and tried to snatch it from my hand. :o)

I'm sending up prayers of thanksgiving this morning that my puppies are recovering! Parvo kills a lot of young pups, and I am so grateful that they survived. Again, I thank you for your prayers!

No comments: