Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Chatter

I had the last chemo treatment today. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is a "rest day;" no chemo or anything else going on. So I will probably get to go home on a pass for the day. They won't let me stay overnight, though.

Johnnie had her stem cells harvested this morning, and she did very well. She felt achy and sore from sitting in one place for so long, she said. She will have one more day of neupogen shots, they will harvest her cells again tomorrow, and then we believe she will be finished. They got lots of beautiful, good cells today. There is a slight possibility that they would need to harvest one more day, but after tomorrow we will probably have more than enough stem cells.

I will receive the stem cells they harvest tomorrow on Wednesday, fresh not frozen. :o) They've been giving me all kind of meds to make things work--anti-rejection medication, anti-nausea, anti-inflammatories, anti-biotics--all kinds of antis. I'm just eager to get on with all of it.

I finished reading The Help on my Kindle. It was a good book. I finished knitting one little girl sweater, but still have to block it and sew it together. I've started on the other one, and love the purple color of it.

Appetite is still pretty good. Nausea is under control. I felt a little weak and tired a few times, but guess that is not unexpected. No mouth or throat sores, no diarrhea, no headaches. Yet.

Someone from physical therapy came up on Sunday. She gave me an exam and some exercises to do and told me to continue walking as much as possible to keep my muscles strong.

We talked with the kids on Skype yesterday and today for awhile, but I find it frustrating. The picture kept freezing, I think because Aubrey was moving the mouse around, and it's hard to hear what they are saying because they talk at the same time or there is too much background noise. It also makes me miss holding Reece close, and I miss his smell.

Ron brought me dinner from home last night. Cyrise made Willie Strange's Good Soup and rice and it was so delicious. I get tired of hospital food really fast. Tonight Ron went and got Popeye's chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit for me. It tasted so good. I had hospital food for breakfast and lunch.

Sandi went home yesterday. She will be back at the end of the week to get Gran again. She has out of town meetings this week, so Gran is staying here at her own apartment. They said Gran was delighted to see Teddy. I hope to see them tomorrow.

Things are moving along. I hope I won't still be in here for Christmas, but it could be several weeks before I recover enough from the transplant to go home. Prayers are still appreciated. Thank you!


Anonymous said...

Sending you and Johnnie my love & prayers! You're doing great - attitude makes such a difference when you are facing these trials. I am so proud of you. Thank you Jesus !! Big Hugs! Sandi

Sarah Oldham said...

I'm glad things are going as smoothly as you say. I'm still praying (of course). You are such a trooper - I admire your strength (and I know it's your Faith)!!! Love and Aloha!

Adrienne said...

Fresh stem cells. Yahoooooo!!

Keeping my cyber eye on you and prayers are always coming.