Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monday's Child

Our baby granddaughter Aubrey was born Monday night at 10:35 PM. She weighs 5 pounds 6 ounces, and is 18 1/2 inches long. She was nearly one month early, and is in the NICU now because her blood sugar is low. She is also a bit jaundiced, and they have her under the bilirubin lights. Her mommy came home from the hospital today, but they will keep Aubrey a few more days, until her sugar levels stabilize.

I was allowed to be there for her birth. I'm so blessed to have witnessed the births of several of my grandchildren, and it is always such an awesome experience. It truly is a miracle.

Aubrey has a head full of dark hair. Her tiny hands and feet are perfect. She has long fingers and beautiful fingernails, a little nubbin of a nose and a sweet rosy mouth. I got to hold her a few minutes after her birth, and I've been to see her in the NICU a couple of times. I can hardly wait for her to come home so that I can hold her in the rocking chair. She has already stolen our hearts.

Dear God, I thank you for the gift of Aubrey's life, and for the lives of all our grandchildren. Please hold them close to your heart for all eternity. Guide them so that they will grow up to be good, strong, loving men and women, filled with faith.

As I rejoice in the birth of this new baby, I also mourn the loss of those innocents killed through abortion, and I pray for them and their mothers. Please end abortion in America and all over the world, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

4 comments:

X said...

Congratulations, Grandma! Prayers continue!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Angela! :o) I got to spend an hour in the NICU with her tonight. It was wonderful to hold her and rock her. She may get to go home tomorrow evening!

X said...

Hope you might post a photo????

Kalona said...

Your wish is my command. :o)