Friday, May 16, 2008

Everything You Wanted To Know About Me And More

From Aussie Mum's blog, something she received in an email from a friend.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
9 AM

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Both

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Ratatouille, with my daughter and granddaughter. No wait, I saw a movie with some friends, but can't remember the name of it. It was about a woman whose Irish husband dies, she goes to Ireland and meets another Irish guy, who it turns out was her husband's best friend...anyone know the name of the movie? *edit: The movie was PS:I Love You.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Law and Order

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?
Granola bar or oatmeal, sometimes yogurt, fresh fruit if I have it. I've been known to eat potato chips, leftover pizza or cookies, but I'm trying to do better. :o)

6. What is your middle name?
Kay

7. What food do you dislike?
Liver, coconut, mincemeat

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?
Allison Krauss And Union Station

9. What kind of car do you drive?
Honda Accord

10. Favorite sandwich?
Smoked turkey on jalapeno cheese bread w/ real mayo, lettuce, tomato.

11. What characteristic do you despise?
Arrogance.

12. Favorite item of clothing?
I don't have a favorite.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Europe; I want to go to Rome, especially.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?
No favorite.

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday?
My birthday sometimes falls on Thanksgiving, and one year all of my extended family was here for the holiday, and celebrated my birthday, too.

15. Where would you retire to?
I think I'll stay in Texas.

17. Favorite sport to watch?
Spurs basketball, if I have to watch sports.

18. Furthest place you are sending this?
NA

19. Person you expect to send it back first?
NA

21. When is your birthday?
November 23

22. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely a night owl.

23. What is your shoe size?
Eight. I have big feet for my height. I used to wear a seven, but my feet have grown as I've gotten older. They say your feet, nose and ears continue to grow all of your life. One of these days I'm going to look like a troll.

24. Pets?
A tortoiseshell cat named Maggie. She really belongs to our son, but they can't have pets in the house they rent, so she stayed with us when they moved.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
Our house is finally painted, and the new front door installed. Yay!

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be a mommy or a nun (and I wasn't Catholic then). :o)

27. How are you today?
Healthy and content.

29. What is your favorite flower?
Roses, lilies, moonflowers, hibiscus, sweet peas, daisies...too many to name.

30. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?
The day next month when our new granddaughter will be born (around June 23).

32. What is your full name?
I'd rather not say.

33. What are you listening to right now?
The sound of a siren in the distance, otherwise it is quiet.

34. What was the last thing you ate?
An oreo with double stuff.

35. Do you wish on stars?
Yes, shooting stars and the "first star I see tonight."

36. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Periwinkle blue.

37. How is the weather right now?
Warm and humid. We may get some rain tonight.

38. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My daughter-in-law.

39. Favorite soft drink?
Cherry Coke Zero.

40. Favorite restaurant?
A small, family-run Thai place called Bangkok Cuisine. Pad thai, yum!

41. Hair color?
It was deep auburn when I was younger, now salt and pepper.

42. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My teddy bear (I've mentioned him before). I also liked a pull toy that was a mama duck and her babies following behind her. It made a quacking sound when you pulled it.

43. Summer or winter?
Summer, I do not like cold weather.

44. Hugs or kisses?
Both, especially from grandbabies.

45. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate

46. Coffee or tea?
Tea, cold and sweet, but sometimes hot with honey.

47. Do you want your friends to email you back?
No

48. When was the last time you cried?
This morning. I found out my niece, who is pregnant, had to be hospitalized because of extremely high blood pressure. Her baby is due in July.

49. What is under your bed?
Storage boxes and dust.

50. What did you do last night?
Went to my mom's to give her her meds, came home and watched a little TV while Ron rubbed my feet, surfed the net for awhile.

51. What are you afraid of?
Fish. It's stupid, I know.

52. Salty or sweet?
Both

53. How many keys on your key ring?
Four--car, mailbox, my house and Mom's apartment.

54. How many years at your current job?
Thirty-nine. :o)

55. Favorite day of the week?
Sunday

56. How many towns have you lived in?
Oh my, lots. Let me count. Ten, I think.

57. Do you make friends easily?
Yes

The last few questions were not applicable because they concerned emailing friends.

Thanks, Therese. That was fun. :o)

2 comments:

Therese said...

Ten towns? Wow. I thought we had moved a lot.

Thanks for doing this Kalona. It was nice to get to know you a bit better.

Kalona said...

Well, I lived in a few different places when I was a kid, then I married a military man. It seems funny now NOT to be moving around. :o)

I enjoyed reading yours, too, Therese.