Friday, March 14, 2008

Road Trip

My mom, my sister and I went to Fredericksburg on Thursday. It's a charming town in the Texas Hill Country.

As we drove down Main Street, we saw the tower of a church. I had heard about St. Mary's, and wanted to see it, so we headed that direction. What a lovely church it is! And the old church, next to it, is now their Adoration Chapel.

After exploring the church, we had lunch at a German restaurant, visited an herb garden, then browsed through some of the shops along Main Street. We ended the afternoon tasting wine in one of the little wine shops, and buying three bottles to bring home. (Mine is peach and apricot sweet chardonnay). Yum.

The day started out foggy and chilly, but the sun came out, the sky turned blue, and by mid-afternoon the temperature was in the 80s.

I love Texas. :o)

No comments: