Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet, Funny Boy

We finally got some much needed rain tonight. Reece is spending the night, and he was playing in the family room when the storm began. He kept leaning to the side, looking toward the front door, which is mostly glass. Then he said, "Shadows." I glanced that way and said, "Yes, sweetie, shadows." Then I heard thunder. He stopped playing and looked at me with big eyes and said, "Dada's car?" :o) (My son has a rumble-y Camaro). I said, "No, I think that was thunder." I took his hand and we went out onto the front porch, and then I realized why he had said "shadows." There was lots of lightening flashing all around, and of course it was making shadows. He loved standing on the porch watching the storm. So did I. It was fast moving, with lots of wind, thunder and lightning, and a little hail, but not much rain.

Ron unplugged the computer, modem and printer during the worst of the storm, which didn't last long at all. Reece wanted to watch Y-tube (that's what he calls You Tube) to see the laughing babies. He loves to watch babies laughing; it's so cute. I told him that we couldn't watch because the computer wasn't working. He insisted, so I had to take him upstairs to show him that it wasn't working. He looked under the desk and then told me to "Fick it." I told him that Papa would fix it later, and he finally gave up and we went back downstairs to play with his blocks.

Besides laughing babies, he likes to watch monster trucks and Dada's car (which is any Camaro). His favorite monster truck is Gravedigger, whose theme song is "Bad To The Bone." We found a video with clips of Gravedigger at lots of Monster Jams, and Reece watches the whole thing, now and then singing, "Ba ba ba baaad, bad to da bone." A little while after the video starts, he says in a big voice, "Graaaavediggah!" as if he is the announcer. He is such a guy. And he makes me laugh. :o)

He really did not want to go to bed, even though he was so sleepy he could hardly hold his eyes open. He cried, but snuggled down and was asleep in 5 minutes.

Tomorrow he will go with me to see his Great-Gran and Chuy. I'm planning to take him to the library for pre-school story time after lunch. We haven't been before, so I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction. I think he will love it, but you never know. :o)

No comments: