Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Living Rosary, Part 2

I received my assignment from The Universal Living Rosary Association today. I am to begin on February 11, and am enrolled in Rosary #281,467. My assigned decade is The Crowning With Thorns. The obligation of members is to say their decade everyday for the following intentions: The Triumph of the Immaculate heart of Mary, and The Honor of Saint Philomena.

The little packet held a lot of interesting information in brochures and leaflets, the magazine Dedicated Decades, and a sort of catalog full of inexpensive items such as books, medals, prayer cards, etc.

There are many pictures and notes from missionaries, priests and others from countries across the globe, thankful for donations of sacramentals or donations from the Association. There is a request for a voluntary $1 per month if you can afford it, or prayers if you cannot. The $1 is used to help with expenses incurred when providing sacramentals for foreign missionaries and to defray operational expenses.

More than 3/4 of the membership of the Association is in Third World countries.

One devotion that is encouraged is the wearing of the brown scapular. I keep buying scapulars, but then I don't go through with it, afraid of the commitment, I suppose. I bought another one recently, and told Ron that I want to ask Father to do the investment ritual. Maybe the encouragement of the Living Rosary Association is just the little push I need to finally do it.

No comments: