Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grandkids Everywhere!

Our oldest son, Jason, and his family are here this week. They arrived yesterday morning, and it's so wonderful to have them here.

The kids are growing up; both Caelen and Ahlyssa are tall and slender. Both of them are taller than me (but I'm only 5'2", so that's not hard to do). Lily and Jacob have grown, too, but not as obviously as the older two.

They have spent lots of time in the pool so far. I asked if there was anything special they would like to do while they are here, but they are only interested in swimming right now.

Of course Reece and the little girls are thrilled to have their cousins here. When Reece woke up this morning, the first thing he said was, "I have to go see if my friends are up."

I was outside most of the day, watching them in the pool. It was amazing to see 7 of them in the pool (Gina was in her little Jenny Jump-up, hanging on the grape arbor). The older kids are so wonderful with the little ones. They all had a ball and were worn out yesterday and today.

Josh and the guys grilled chicken, bratwurst and riblets for dinner tonight. Cyrise made rice and mixed cauliflower and broccoli, and I baked a Marie Callendar razzleberry pie. Everything was delicious. Last night we gave the kids hot dogs, and the rest of us had food from our favorite Thai place. Tomorrow they are planning to have kalbi, which we have every time Jason comes to visit. :o)

Kelly is coming to see everyone tomorrow, too. I'm looking forward to having all three of our children here, at least for a few hours.

It's been a long day and I am tired, but I am going to bed feeling very happy.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Kids are just too cute! Glad you're enjoying the visit...

Adrienne said...

P.S. I'm 5'2" also (and haven't lost a bit of height even at almost 67) thank goodness!

I like being short. Eons ago us shorties could date the tall boys and the short boys. How cool was that!

Kelly said...

Sorry I didn't make it today, it's been one of those days... :(

I'm glad everyone is having fun in the pool. :) It's great to know that Jason's family is here to see you feeling better than you were last time they were here. I think it's important for them to see you off the oxygen and out of bed so they know you are on the road to recovery!

Love to all.