Monday, May 24, 2010

Aww, man!

I got up this morning, fed the cat, fed the dogs, took out the trash and got myself ready to go to Wilford Hall for labs. I checked the paper the lab gave me on Friday to make sure that my appointment was at 9:30. Yep, it's at 9:30-----tomorrow. :o\

Now I remember the tech checking the appointment book and saying that Monday was full and scheduling me for Tuesday instead. Unfortunately, I am a creature of habit and easily thrown off track by changes. Oh well.

The weekend was very dull and quiet here. Ron was sick--sore throat, coughing, blowing his nose and just feeling bad. He stayed upstairs most of the day yesterday, and I stayed downstairs. When he did come down, he wore a mask. He was feeling a little better last night, and went to work this morning.

We didn't go to Mass. I should have gone and taken Mom, but was feeling lightheaded when I stand up and move around much. I didn't want to faint on my way to the communion rail, and I'm a bit paranoid about germs and crowds right now. I really hated to miss Mass though, especially on Pentecost Sunday!

We had planned a birthday celebration Sunday afternoon for Mike, Ron and Camryn, but that's been postponed until next weekend. Aubrey's second birthday is Wednesday, so we will add her to the birthday group. We have so many May birthdays!

It's gray here today. No rain yet, but possible thunderstorms expected later today. I'm washing sheets and towels today. It feels like Monday. I'm happy, though, because our son Jason will be here sometime this week. Yay!

1 comment:

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Don't feel bad about avoiding crowds. The most important thing right now is you staying healthy. when my counts got so low, our priest brought the Eucharist to me instead of me going to Mass. You might check with your priest, and see if this is an option for you.