Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Daybook

Date:  Wednesday May 29, 2013. 

Time and Weather:  It's gray and cloudy at 8:41 AM, 77 degrees and will get to 87 today.  We're expecting thunderstorms.  

Clothes:  Gray v-neck tee and darker gray cotton knit pants.    

Food:  Two pieces of Health Nut bread toast with raspberry jam, two cups of coffee with cream and sugar.  I was hungry!       

Sounds:  Both Aubrey and Camryn were just in here trying to get Reece's helium balloon.  They both let theirs go outside, and now they want his.  I said no.  Gramma, balloon watchdog.  :o)

Comings and Goings:  My mom called me early yesterday morning, just after i got back from taking Reece to school.  She seemed confused and upset, so I went over there.  She is having some mental issues and won't be able to live on her own much longer.  

I had my first physical therapy session yesterday (was late because of Mom's issues).  They did an evaluation and gave me some exercises to do at home.  They were supposed to have received a referral, but didn't have it, so I called the insurance company when I got home.  They said it was still being reviewed and they would call me in a day or two.

The therapist was very nice, and she said she thinks they will be able to help me get back some of my strength and balance.  I hope so, because I am very debilitated right now.  It takes me 5 minutes to get up the stairs.

Cyrise went with me to take Aubrey to school.  She has to be walked in to the cafeteria, and I didn't want to have to walk her in pushing my walker through a cafeteria full of kiddos.
    
Music: 

     

Memories:  When we lived in Japan we went to a mochi pounding.  It was winter, and cold.  We wore jackets and gloves, and could see our breath in the cold air.  There were demonstrations and food and music.  We had mochi candy and rice cakes made of mochi (pounded rice).  Some ladies had made a big pot of soup, and were passing it out in little styrofoam cups.  

If you've read my blog for awhile, you may know that I have a fish phobia.  When I got to the bottom of my cup of soup, there was a tiny whole fish, eyes, lips and everything.  It gives me the heebie jeebies even now to think of it.  *shiver*  

Thank you, God:  For all of your creatures, even fish.  Amen  

No comments: