Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break Fun

Our ten year old granddaughter, Lily, is spending her spring break with us.  It's been so much fun to have her here.

Lily loves the pool, and in spite of the cold water, she has been swimming every day.

She is wonderful with the kids, and they all love her so much.  

They had a picnic underneath the pop-up tent a few days ago.

That's Lily, Camryn, Cyrise (the mom), Aubrey, Reece, and the feral child (Gina) with her back to the camera.

I laugh whenever I see her with her hair all messy because Josh got her up from her nap one day and her hair looked like she had put her finger into a light socket.  They came into my room, and I said, "She looks like Mel Gibson in Braveheart."  Josh said, "No, she looks like the feral child in Mad Max."  Ha!  She did!


Cyrise and I took them to the park a couple of days ago.  We had a Mexican food picnic, they fed the ducks, and then played on the playground equipment.  They had a ball.

They've been playing the Wii a lot.  We got it for Josh's kids for Christmas, but they had not shown much interest in it until the last month.  Now they are having fun with it.

This morning we went to the Wildlife Safari park.  It's a drive-thru park.  You stay in your car and can feed the animals that come up to the window.  Reece, Aubrey, Lily and I went.  They enjoyed it, and I loved watching their faces and hearing the excitement in their voices when they would spy a new animal up ahead.  I'll make a separate post about it.

Happy Friday!

No comments: