Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Want To See What I'm Working On?

I'm trying a new (to me) netted beading technique. I've made beaded net pieces before, but this one is a little different than others I've tried.

This is just a practice piece, using some cheap flashy beads that I had in my bead stash, so it's not as neat and uniform as I'd like. I'll get good beads and try again after I've mastered the technique.

But even with the cheapo beads, I think it's looking pretty. I put it up to the computer screen for the close up picture, so you can see the netting better. I think I have a booboo or two in there.

It feels nice to get back into crafting.

Here's where I found the directions for the African net beaded necklace.

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

wicked awesome, me thinks!! ;)

Therese said...

oh Kalona it is beautiful.

Kelly said...

Ooo...pretty! Glad to see you beading again, guess that bead show got you inspired? :)

Kalona said...

Thank you, everyone! You're right, Kelly, the bead show did inspire me. :o)