Monday, June 15, 2009

One Of Those Days

I'm tired. Mom lost her keys when she came over on Saturday, and I've been turning the house upside down looking for them. I can't find them anywhere. :o(

We went to Adoration a little early today, and left early so that I'd have time to pick up Cyrise and the kids for their doctor appointment. But when we got back to Mom's, there was a leak in her laundry room. Water was coming from a pipe when the upstairs neighbor's washing machine emptied. The pipe was supposed to be capped, but wasn't. I'm sure it's done that before, but I just happened to be there when it happened this time and heard the water splashing on the floor. Mom doesn't hear well, and had never noticed it. So that delayed me. I also needed to talk with the real estate agent in Kansas while I was with Mom, about some paperwork Mom needed to initial, and we couldn't reach her way right away. Another delay.

I went to the office and told them about the leak and they had the maintenance man come look at it. I finally got hold of the agent and she answered our questions. I called my daughter-in-law to let her know I was on my way and found out the appointment was 30 minutes later than I thought, so that gave me more time. I needed to stop for gas and get the overnight packet of paperwork in the FedEx box, so I did that on the way.

The kids saw their doctor and had to get some shots--that was not fun. :o( We didn't get back to their house until nearly 5 PM. Their daddy was already home from work. We had promised Reece chicken nuggets, so Josh and I went to McDonalds to pick up food, then I came on home.

I'm not usually on the phone very much, but this evening I talked with my sister in Kansas, then my daughter, my daughter-in-law, and Ron. By the time I talked to everyone, I'd been on the phone for over an hour.

Then I started looking for the keys again, and in the process moved the sectional and vacuumed under it, rearranged the family room, but put it back after moving everything because I didn't like it.

And I still didn't find the dang keys.

No comments: