Sunday, March 8, 2009

Very Hard Day

Our sweet little Chuy was unable to overcome his illness. Our hearts are broken tonight. The vets did everything they could to save him, to no avail.

Mom is grief-stricken. She loved him so much. They were constant companions. She is staying here tonight, and for however long she wants to stay.

Please pray that she will be comforted.

Mom said that she is glad that she had as much time with Chuy as she did. He made her happy. The whole family loved him--both of my sisters, our kids, our grandchildren. All of us will miss him very much.

We appreciate the prayers for Mom and for Chuy during these past few days. Thank you!

10 comments:

Therese said...

oh dear Kalona, I am so sorry to read this.

I will pray for your mom as she grieves Chuy's death.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese. Mom is taking Chuy's death so hard. I truly appreciate your prayers for her.

Anonymous said...

I'm really going to miss my little "meatloaf". I know he'll be waiting for us across the rainbow bridge along with all our other beloved pets. :(

I'm praying for Gran.

That's the perfect picture of him; looking so happy in the green grass of summer.

Kalona said...

Kel, I love that picture, too. Keep praying for Gran. She's having a hard time, missing Chuy.

Sarah - Kala said...

What a beautiful doggie. I'm so very sorry. It's hard to lose a friend like that! God bless you and comfort you.

JoAnnC. said...

So sorry for the loss of your dear pup. Prayers.

xx said...

I am so sorry to read this.

Kalona said...

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your kind comment.

Linda said...

It is a gift for you to be able to help your mom right now. Such graces...

Kalona said...

Linda, I'm glad to be able to help my Mom as much as I can, but only time is going to heal her heart. I wish I could do something to help that.