Monday, July 11, 2011

Missing Lily

Lily, our nine year old granddaughter, stayed with us for a week from June 25th, when she arrived with her family, until July 2, when she, Papa and Reece met her daddy halfway so that he could take her home.

We didn't get a chance to do as much together as I'd hoped. Papa took her the movies during the week, just the two of them, and she enjoyed that. They saw Cars 2. She usually goes to the movies with her 3 sibs and several cousins, so it might have seemed a bit strange to her to have only Papa with her. :o)

I took her shopping for clothes on Wednesday, and for toys on Thursday, and that was fun for both of us. I enjoyed her enthusiasm and happiness over choosing three outfits at Macy's. She looked so cute in all of them. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. We went to Toys R Us and she looked at so many toys before making her decisions. She's a doll.

After Gran's mini-stroke I wasn't around much, but I did get to see her before she left to meet her daddy. She enjoyed spending time with Reece, Aubrey and Camryn, and is absolutely crazy about baby Gina. Cyrise said she really helped a lot with the girls.

She also enjoyed the pool nearly every day and is a good little swimmer. Reece and the girls asked "Where is Lily?" for days after she left. :o) They missed her so much, and so did I!

1 comment:

Therese said...

It is great that she was able to come for a visit Kalona. I would love it if I sent my children to my mothers or mother in laws and they came home with three new outfits.